Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Joshua 1, 2, 3 & 4

I think I've finally found my verse for the year in this reading:

Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for Yahweh your God is with you wherever you go. ~ Joshua 1:9

I felt really drawn to this verse, probably because we're looking at the Big D this year. Granted, it's still a ways away, but there are plenty of times of separation before that, as well as other personal tasks and goals that are pretty intimidating at this moment. Remembering God is with me during those times - and all the time - is a great comfort and I want that truth always at the front of my mind.

(If you want to know why I used God's proper name, Yahweh, rather than simply "The LORD," see here, here, here and here.)

My memory verse for the week also came from today's reading:

This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night, so that you may carefully observe everything in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do. ~ Joshua 1:8

I've written both of these down on cards, marking the memory verse with "January." My goal is that, having a physical record to help me keep track, by the end of the year I will have 50ish verses to go back over and recite.

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

That verse carried me through my second pregnancy. And when I was in labor, it was the constant thought in my head, totally what got me through. Great verse :)