Friday, January 6, 2012

Matthew 1, 2 & 3

Exciting stuff. I love reading the Gospels. I love even more that my reading plan calls them "history," because they are.

What I love about Matthew is how many times he annotated his account with "...this fulfilled the what the prophets said concerning the Messiah." Even better, having a Bible with footnotes citing the passages he was referring to. I remember in high school, in one class, we had to calculate the probability that one person could fulfill all the Hebrew Scriptures Messianic prophecies, and I think it was something like .00000025% or something. Meaning, only super-natural pre-ordination could make it happen. Very cool.

I also found that I am much more successful at really getting something out of my reading when I don't look at the news first. Shocker, I know. But good to keep in mind.

1 comment:

Kodi said...

It's super late & I'm tired but please remind me to tweet with you about Matt. 1. I just heard an amazing sermon on it.